Liebster Award Nomination 2015 !
Hello, hello on the other side of the screen. Today I want to share something with you. A couple of days ago, on my earlier post I found a comment left by Lorena Zapain where it was mentioned that she has nominated me for so-called Liebster Award. Happy happy…my first nomination 🙂 But what is Liebster Award anyway and how does it work ? Being a novice in blogging I had to search for answers, and here’s what I found.
Liebster Award is an exclusive online mark of recognition given to new bloggers by other bloggers. It is also a way to discover new talents and help promote them. Those who have been nominated and chose to accept the award, should follow a set of general rules that come along. The rules include a blog post in which the nominees will :
- Write briefly about Liebster Award
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
- Reveal some random facts about themselves
- Nominate few new bloggers for the award, and notify them via comment/email/message
- Ask a new set of 10 questions for next candidates
- Thank the one who nominated them and link back to his/her blog
Questions asked by Journey Spark :
1.Why did you start blogging ?
My favorite question 😀 I always liked the concept of sharing your own ideas, creations, adventures with others and blogging seemed to sum it all. For the last 5 years I had moved quite often from one country to another, living in different cities with distinct cultures.So, I thought that it would be great to record all experiences, memories,things I see, taste or like. Also it is a way to express myself and improve my writing skills.
2.What’s your favorite part about having a blog?
I am still at the beginning of my blogging journey, so I am in an intense learning process. I have to admit that it is quite challenging and it requires tons of time, but I like the fact that I am learning something new everyday and I get to know beautiful people.
3.How did you come up with the name of your blog ?
As the saying goes ” two heads are better than one”, I used my friend’s brain. 😀 We had brainstormed for a couple of days, then at some point we came up with the name.
4.Where do you write your blog posts?
Most of the times I write my posts at home, but I also like writing in the park (when the weather allows) and coffee shops. Other than that, I always have with me a note-book where I write ideas and possible topics for my blog.
5.What would you like to achieve with your blog?
I would like my blog to become a source of inspiration, a place where people can get a dose of motivation and desire to discover the world around them. Meeting interesting people, and with time maybe working on projects together, is another thing I am looking forward to.
6.How do you get inspired when it comes to blogging?
When it comes to blogging I get inspired from the everyday life. I am lucky to live next to the beach and a beautiful park where I often go for a walk or to watch the sunset, it helps to clear my mind. Also I am using the visualization method, not only for blogging, where I imagine that I have already achieved my goals and how it feels. It is a great way of self-motivation.
7.Would you like to make blogging a full-time job?
At this point blogging is a passion, it is my creative outlet where I share some parts of my life. It is something that I enjoy doing and the idea of growing it in a rewarding full-time activity sounds invitingly. So, yes probably I would like that one day. 🙂
8.What other hobbies do you have?
Now and then I like to reinvent myself, so I try out things that are 100% new to me. Also I enjoy reading, biking, all kind of outdoor activities, and cooking. Traveling is another thing I am passionate about because it opens our eyes in so many ways. My newest hobby is Photography.
9.How would you describe yourself in three words?
I think I would go for ambitious, loyal, and adventurous.
10.Who would be your favorite blogger(s) at the moment ?
This is hard to answer because there are so many talented people with great blogs. One that I love is Humans of New York, a photo blog that features street portraits and brief life stories of people from the New York, and not only. The Golden Diamonds, a fashion blog that I had discovered not too long ago, but definitely love it. Also I enjoy reading The Blonde Salad, The Londoner, The Broke Backpacker and the list can continue.
Random facts about me:
- I am the eldest child in our family
- English is not my first language, nor my second
- I don’t like small crowded places/rooms, but I am not claustrophobic
- My favorite movie is “Gone with the Wind” with Vivien Leigh
- My favorite princess is Cinderella. Yes, I still like fairy tales 😀
- Sometimes I am motivated, sometimes I am not
- I’d rather stay home with a book than go out with someone I don’t have anything in common
- I can take ages to decide on something, especially if I have more than two options
- Even now I am debating which fact to reveal
- I am petrified by snakes
- I blush easily
- I tend to over think everything
The nomination Liebster Award goes to :
Questions for my dear nominated bloggers :
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go, why and with whom?
- What is your best way to overcome your fears?
- What are your top 5 priorities in life?
- What do you expect from blogging?
- What is your happiest moment in the past month that you willing to share in this post?
- What is the inspiration behind your blog?
- How do you see your blog in a year from now?
- What is one thing that you wish you knew 5 (five) years ago?
- If you had the chance to spend a day with a celebrity(dead or alive), who would that be? Why?
- Any favorite quotes?
- Open topic question 🙂 Choose one question on a topic you feel like I omitted and give your answer.
A big Thank You goes to Lorena for the nomination, and a sincere Good Luck for my nominees. Take care and keep up the great work!